The Polynesians were thought to be the first to discover the use and manufacturing of sugar and spread it to India. As early as 510 B.C., emperor Darius of Persia invaded India where he found “the reed which gives honey without bees.” The Arabs, who invaded Persia in 642 A.D., have learned how sugar was made and have expanded sugar productions in other lands. Sugar, practically, had affected the political and economic landscape of the entire globe. HISTORY FOLLOWS.
After more than two thousand five hundred years; and more than six hundred generations of people, India has the highest rate of diabetes estimated to be 41 million people as of 2007; followed by China with 39.8 million and USA with 19.2 million. This is the truth!
Here are just some of the dangers of eating sugar
- Sugar can suppress your immune system and impair your defenses against infectious disease.
- Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in your body: causes chromium and copper deficiencies and interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
- Sugar can cause can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline, hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children.
- Sugar can produce a significant rise in total cholesterol, triglycerides and bad cholesterol and a decrease in good cholesterol.
- Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function.
- Sugar feeds cancer cells and has been connected with the development of cancer of the breast, ovaries, prostate, rectum, pancreas, biliary tract, lung, gallbladder and stomach.
- Sugar can weaken eyesight.
- Sugar can cause many problems with the gastrointestinal tract including: an acidic digestive tract, indigestion, malabsorption in patients with functional bowel disease, increased risk of Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis.
- Sugar can cause premature aging.
- Sugar can lead to alcoholism.
- Sugar can cause your saliva to become acidic, tooth decay, and periodontal disease.
- Sugar contributes to obesity.
- Sugar can cause autoimmune diseases such as: arthritis, asthma, multiple sclerosis.
- Sugar greatly assists the uncontrolled growth of Candida Albicans (yeast infections)
- Sugar can cause gallstones
- Sugar can cause appendicitis.
- Sugar can cause hemorrhoids.
- Sugar can cause varicose veins
- Sugar can elevate glucose and insulin responses in oral contraceptive users.
- Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.
- Sugar can cause a decrease in your insulin sensitivity thereby causing an abnormally high insulin levels and eventually diabetes
- Sugar can lower your Vitamin E levels.
- Sugar can increase your systolic blood pressure.
- Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.
- High sugar intake increases advanced glycation end products (AGEs)(Sugar molecules attaching to and thereby damaging proteins in the body).
The Bible tells us the ‘absolute truth’ even before 510 B.C. when the Indians have started using cane sugar as a sweetener. The book of Proverbs, which was written in 716 B.C., 24:13 and 25:16 says that honey in the proper amount is good. It is the truth that not even the wealth, fame, and political power that the sugar industry has earned, can not refute! In recent findings in science, honey was found to be helpful in the following:
- Honey contains vitamins B1, B2, C, B6, B5 and B3 — all of which change according to the qualities of the nectar and the pollen. It also has small amounts of copper, zinc, and iodine. Several kinds of hormones are also present in honey.
- It is composed of sugars like glucose and fructose and minerals like magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium chlorine, sulphur, iron and phosphate.
- The antimicrobial properties of honey are good for sore throats as they sooth raw tissues.
- Honey promotes the rehydration of the body and more quickly clears up diarrhea and any vomiting and stomach upsets.
- Honey may also help in ulcers.
- Honey is a good source of anti-oxidants; and helps prevents the development of cancer and heart disease.
- Low calorie level as that of sugar. Although it gives a lot of energy to the body, it does not add weight unlike sugar.
- Honey is a wonderful beauty aid that nourishes the skin and the hair because of its vitamins, minerals, and amino acid contents.
- Honey acts as an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent and helps disinfects and speeds the healing process in wounds, scrapes, and burns.
- Honey provides energy for the body in the process of blood formation. It also cleanses the blood; and helps in blood circulation. It also functions as a protection against capillary problems and arteriosclerosis.
Would anybody dare to refute this truth? To the enemies of the Bible, SPEAK THAT YOU MAY BE HEARD AND BE JUSTIFIED; OR BE FOUND TO BE FOOLS AND IGNORAMUSES.
The Bible has an ancient health giving sweetener. Honey is part of God’s blessings to his chosen people — the Israelites. Before they were liberated out of Egypt, God promised to bring them to a land flowing with milk and honey. Literally, this is the land of Canaan, where before they were born is that land where the Patriarch Abraham and Lot have lived. This is the land where they have grown prosperously with their flock that necessitates [necessitated] Abraham and Lot to part ways because of the increasing number of their herds
(Genesis 13:7-9) “And there was a strife between the herdsmen of Abram’s cattle and the herdsmen of Lot’s cattle: and the Canaanite and the Perizzite dwelled then in the land. And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we be brethren. Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left. And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered every where, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as thou comest unto Zoar. Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the other. Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom.”
This land was the land promised by God to the Israelites where He intended to guide and bless His people. It is a land said to be flowing with milk and honey. A curios mind may notice, why not a land of gold? Or a land flowing with oil, like the Arabian Desert?
Milk and honey are both complete healthy food. The latter for adults; and the former for babes. While it is not good for a babe to take honey, equally and scientifically, it is not good for the adult to subsist in milk. Honey is recommended by the word of God for adults.
(PROVERBS 25:16) “Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.”
It must be understood that only an adult can find honey. Scientifically, honey is not good for babes; but it is good for anybody who has the ‘ability’ to find it.
(PROVERBS 24:13) “My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste:”
Time and again, the authenticity of the Bible is being backed up by history and science.Undeniable evidences that man discovers one by one proves the accuracy of the Holy Scriptures even before man have started to use sophisticated equipments and technologies.Indeed, the Bible, which contains the irrefutable words of God, is a unique and divinely inspired book.
How sweet it is!
“How sweet are Your Words to my taste! More than honey to my mouth!”